Spotts Fain provides counsel and representation to parties seeking and providing capital for business growth. The firm uses a client-based approach to assemble the right team to serve each client's needs, calling upon the significant experience and business judgment of its attorneys to help clients navigate a challenging and ever-changing marketplace. Growth, profitability and tax liability depend upon thoughtful planning and strategy and our lawyers provide valuable and pragmatic advice to assure the best results.
Our representative clients include regional and community banks, serving all of the financial needs of small to mid-sized companies in Central Virginia, as well as institutional and private investors. We also represent fund managers, managing assets throughout the United States.
In order to best serve the varied needs of our financial services clients, Spotts Fain draws upon the knowledge of lawyers throughout the firm. With the firm's breadth of experience, we are able to form client-specific and matter-specific teams to address a client's issues in the most efficient manner. In the end, it is our dedication to the success of our clients upon which our reputation is based.
- Lender representation
- Loan negotiation and documentation
- The negotiation and structuring of venture transactions
- Private placements
- Closings, refinances and restructuring including conventional financing, FNMA and HUD Loans
- Construction financing, including institutional and private market funding
Creditors' Rights, Bankruptcy, and Insolvency Services
- Workouts and reorganizations
- Commercial creditor bankruptcy legal services
- Representation of unsecured creditors
- Representation of chapter 7 trustees
- Foreclosure representation
- Represented lenders and borrowers in acquisition and development loans, construction loans and syndicated credit line facilities
- Representing local, national and international financial institutions in asset based and bond finance transactions
- Representation of hedge funds and private-equity funds
- Representation of development and investment companies in capital raises and the financing of individual assets.
- The workout of troubled loans and the repositioning of troubled assets.