Corporate and Business Transactions
Owners and executives of successful businesses understand the importance of protecting their bottom line from legal uncertainties. For more than 30 years, Spotts Fain's corporate and business attorneys have been the legal professionals that corporate entities turn to for tailored services and ongoing legal counsel.
We provide comprehensive corporate and business services with special emphasis on the following areas:
- Business entity formation, incorporation and organization, including tax efficiency analysis and recommendations
- Preparation of shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, and operating agreements for LLC's
- Business restructuring and reorganization
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Protection of IP and other valuable assets
- Preparation of Incentive Stock Options, Phantom Stock Plans, and other executive benefit plans
- Represent sell-side and buy-side of stock buyouts and asset acquisitions
- Preparation of employment agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Preparation of consulting agreements and other contract documents
Business Entity Formation, Life Cycle Advice, and Implementation of Exit Strategies
Our lawyers represent businesses and their owners from inception (including choice of a business entity and tax structuring), through the legal issues confronting ongoing businesses throughout their life cycles, to the ultimate sale or disposition by those owners.