Spotts Fain is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that encourages its employees to grow both professionally and personally. The firm has always taken immense pride in its welcoming and approachable culture. We seek talented lawyers and professional staff who are dedicated, accountable, driven, and committed to working together. Spotts Fain believes that when teamwork and collaboration are harnessed, our clients and our firm succeed.
- As an associate, I particularly value the mentorship I have received since I started at Spotts Fain. I feel fortunate that the firm’s Shareholders are approachable and supportive of associates’ work and professional development. I have been challenged to take on new opportunities, but always with the guidance and support that I needed. — Kasey Hoare, Associate
- I find that my position is always changing and evolving, and I learn new things all the time. The continuous learning experience keeps me engaged and challenged. — Emily Anderson, Legal Assistant
- I love the freedom to control my practice and manage client expectations for the type of work I handle. --David DuVal, Shareholder
- I enjoy having variety and involvement in all areas of the firm. I love working with our admin team and being available to help out no matter the request. — Kim Brown, Office Manager
- I joined Spotts Fain right after law school. I feel fortunate to have had great mentors who have guided me as my practice has grown and evolved into my own. — Spencer Katona, Partner
Spotts Fain is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we continue to make diversity and inclusivity a priority. Our Diversity & Inclusion Committee is actively engaged in challenging the status quo by evaluating and enhancing our culture and practices to cultivate a workplace comprised of diverse thought and experience.
Spotts Fain offers competitive benefits and a professional working atmosphere. Located in downtown Richmond, we are conveniently located near an incredible array of urban and suburban living choices. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parking
Real Estate Transactional Attorney
Spotts Fain PC, a growing downtown Richmond firm, seeks highly motivated, Virginia licensed attorney having 2-6 years experience. An ideal candidate will have experience in a wide range of real estate and/or business transactional matters, have a strong team work ethic and display a superior academic background. Excellent salary and benefits, including bonus program.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Kimberly Brown, Director of Administration and Human Resources at email@example.com.
Director of Recruiting
Professional Staff Positions:
Director of Firm Administration & Human Resources
Summer Associate Program
Spotts Fain PC seeks a highly-motivated first year law student for its 10-week Summer Associate Program for Summer 2023. First year law students interested in business, litigation, and creditors’ rights should apply. Candidates must display superior academic background along with excellent research, writing, and organizational skills.
Participants in the Summer Associate Program will have the opportunity to gain law firm experience through various assignments, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting legal research for commercial litigation and business and real estate transactions
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and a variety of business transactional agreements
- Drafting pleadings and settlement agreements
- Preparing for and attending court hearings, trials, depositions, arbitrations, mediations
- Participating in business transactions, real estate closings, client meetings
- Attending firm meetings and events, including social gatherings
The summer associate will also be assigned to a junior and senior mentor at the firm. Each mentor will teach the summer associate about his or her area of practice, coordinate work assignments, and answer any questions that the associate may have during the duration of the Program.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to Kimberly Brown, Director of Administration and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.