S. Spencer Katona
Spencer Katona's practice focuses on lending and financing transactions, commercial real estate services, corporate and business transactions, and land use and development. He represents institutional lenders in secured and unsecured commercial financing transactions, including FHA and Fannie Mae deals, and structuring, drafting, and negotiating loan documentation for real estate development projects, including hotels, medical office, retail, multi-family, and historic tax credit transactions. In addition, he provides counsel to public and private companies on matters pertaining to purchases and sales of real property, development, leasing and choice of entity issues. His leasing work focuses on preparing and negotiating commercial leases, including ground leases, build to suit, reverse build to suit, and sale leaseback transactions, as counsel for landlord and tenant, including national wholesalers, retailers, restaurants, franchisees, medical office, and suppliers.
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Executive Articles Editor, William and Mary Business Law Review
- James Madison University (B.B.A., Finance, cum laude, 2009)
- Varsity track and field team
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Richmond Bar Association, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Aylett Country Day School, Member, Board of Directors, 2012 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Up and Coming Lawyers 2022
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2018 for Banking
Off the Clock
In his free time, Spencer enjoys running and spending time with his wife, two daughters, son, and their dog.