Christopher A. Hurley
Chris Hurley practices in the Creditors’ Rights section of the firm, focusing on creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, and bankruptcy.
Chris graduated from Washington and Lee University School of Law in 2018, where he served as Executive Editor of the Washington and Lee Law Review and represented low-income taxpayers as part of the school’s Tax Clinic. Following law school, Chris had the honor of serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Paul M. Black in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia and the Honorable Elizabeth K. Dillon in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.S., 2009
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- The Honorable Elizabeth K. Dillon, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia, 2019-2020
- The Honorable Paul M. Black, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia, 2018-2019
Professional Memberships and Associations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Virginia Bar Association
Off the Clock
When he is not working, Chris enjoys spending time outdoors hiking and rock climbing with his wife.