Local Counsel - Virginia
The firm frequently serves as local counsel in federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels and also serves as local counsel in commercial matters. We regularly appear in a variety of commercial litigation cases and represent parties in commercial matters including:
- Business and Contract
- Opinion Letters for Commercial Lending
- Creditors Rights, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Products Liability, Toxic Torts and Personal Injuries
- Insurance Coverage Cases
- Commercial, Financial and Banking Disputes
- Employment Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Intellectual Property and Information Technology Litigation
- Probate, Estate and Trust Litigation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Construction Litigation
Our litigation attorneys have significant experience in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and understand both the Local Rules and the pre-trial orders and practices in the various courts throughout the District. With respect to corporate, business and commercial matters, the firm represents both plaintiffs and defendants in equal proportion.
In addition, the firm maintains a significant practice defending products liability and toxic tort cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability and property damage as primary and local counsel in state and federal courts throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
Spotts Fain is conveniently located to a number of local courthouses.