- Creditors' Rights, Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Financial Services
- Health Care Law for Providers
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Intellectual Property and Information Technology
- Land Use and Zoning
- Local Counsel - Virginia
- Products Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
Spotts Fain's Litigation attorneys are proud to represent our clients in state and federal courts and administrative tribunals throughout Virginia and beyond. Our attorneys have years of experience handling jury and non-jury civil trials across a broad range of industries and legal specialties. We represent Fortune 500 companies, mid-sized companies, small businesses, family owned ventures and individuals. We have the experience and resources required to manage and try to verdict large and complex cases. We are ready to handle cases from initial legal counsel and representation through the final appeals process, if necessary. In all of our cases, regardless of the amount in controversy, we are committed to excellence and we work tirelessly to achieve favorable results for our clients.
We believe in the importance of early focus on the facts and issues in every case we handle. We understand that a careful investigation and evaluation at the beginning of every dispute enables us to assemble the right team of professionals, plan and budget for an efficient and effective strategy, and execute on that strategy for resolution consistent with the client's goals.
Today, parties often seek early resolution of disputes through confidential mediation or private arbitration outside of court. Our attorneys have handled hundreds of mediations across a wide variety of subject matters. Many of our attorneys are also experienced in the arbitration of disputes, whether representing clients in arbitration or serving as an arbitrator. Applying early analysis and focus on challenges confronting our clients, we help them achieve their goals and objectives in these alternative dispute resolution forums.
Our attorneys take pride in their zealous representation of the firm's clients while attempting to minimize the expense associated with litigation. We are committed to the goal of obtaining successful and efficient resolution of disputes with favorable results for our clients.
- Appellate Practice
- Business torts, including tortious interference with contract and fraud
- Construction litigation
- Corporate, commercial, and business litigation
- Creditor litigation
- Employment litigation and counseling
- Fiduciary and estate litigation
- Financial institution litigation
- Intellectual property litigation and counseling
- Local counsel in federal and state courts
- Maritime litigation
- Products liability, toxic tort, and personal injury
- Real estate disputes
- Shareholder, LLC, and partnership disputes