Michael J. Rothermel
Attorney, Senior Counsel
Mike focuses his practice on land use and zoning, real estate litigation and administrative law. He routinely advises developers and property owners on land use and zoning issues in jurisdictions throughout Virginia and has extensive experience in land use and other real estate related litigation. As a result of his litigation experience and interaction with governmental bodies, Mike has also developed a diverse administrative law practice appearing before and working with numerous boards, commissions and state agencies.
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1999)
- Randolph-Macon College (B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, summa cum laude, 1996)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- 14th Judicial Circuit of Virginia, Judicial Clerk, 1999 - 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Henrico County Bar Association, President 2011-2012
- Richmond Bar Association
Off the Clock
Mike and his wife, Kristin, were both born and raised in Berks County, Pennsylvania but have called central Virginia home for the past 25 years. In addition to maintaining their love for cheesesteaks, Mike and his family are avid Philadelphia sports fans and enjoy attending as many Eagles, Phillies, 76ers and Flyers games as they can. Mike’s other interests include cycling, tennis and golf.