Administrative and Regulatory Appeals
Spotts Fain represents its clients before various federal and state agencies, boards and commissions. As part of our Legislative and Governmental Relations Services Group, our administrative and regulatory attorneys assist our clients in obtaining governmental approvals and complying with the numerous regulations that govern their businesses and industries.
Additionally, our attorneys handle disputes, enforcement actions or other adverse proceedings before governmental regulatory bodies, hearing officers and administrative law judges, as well as in state and federal court. Our experienced and specialized litigation teams have extensive experience practicing before most of Virginia’s governmental agencies.
Clients interested in doing business with the Commonwealth and its agencies call on our attorneys for guidance when dealing with the Virginia Public Procurement Act and the Virginia Administrative Process Act. They also rely on us in the event that an appeal of a procurement decision becomes necessary.
Our attorneys have handled matters in front of the following bodies and agencies of the Commonwealth:
- Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)
- Bureau of Financial Institutions (BFI)
- Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Department of Health Professions (DHP)
- Department of Historic Resources (DHR)
- Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS)
- Department of Labor and Industry (DOLI)
- Department of Professions and Occupations (DPOR)
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Board (MVDB)
- State Corporation Commission (SCC)
- Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program (VASAP)
- Virginia Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers (VBFDE)
- Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF)
- Virginia Department of Forestry (VDOF)
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
- Virginia Employment Commission (VEC)
We also appear before many federal agencies, including:
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Whether it be providing counsel and lobbying services during the legislative and rulemaking process, assisting our clients in obtaining licenses, permits and approvals, advising our clients in their effort to comply with regulatory requirements or challenging adverse determinations, our attorneys can assist you.