Robert G. Boyle, Jr.
Attorney, Senior Counsel
Rob Boyle practices in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate section. He has fostered a nationwide practice assisting clients with the acquisition, sale, financing, and leasing of commercial real estate. He has represented a national entertainment company as outside real estate counsel for over fifteen years, handling the acquisition and sale of numerous properties along with negotiating multi-site master leases, ground leases and reciprocal easement and shared use/development agreements. He has represented real estate funds, real estate investment trusts, tenant-in-common syndicators and other pooled investor funds. He additionally possesses extensive experience assisting clients with IRS Section 1031 exchanges and sale/leaseback transactions.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1998)
Inclusion in The Order of the Coif
University of Pittsburgh Law Review - Managing Editor (‘97-‘98), Staff Member (‘96-‘97)
- University of Richmond (B.A. Political Science, May 1992)
- Negotiation of loan documents and closing of CMBS & non-CMBS financings using Delaware statutory trusts and tenant-in-common structures.
- Negotiation and drafting of property management, asset management and utility contracts, along with drafting entity operating documents and consents
- Completion of sale-leaseback transactions for both sellers and buyers, including $100 million sale-leaseback transaction involving multiple automobile dealerships
- Completion of multiple CMBS & non-CMBS loan assumptions & defeasances
- Representation of lenders in negotiation and drafting of loan documents and due diligence reviews of real estate
- Alternative Investments Quarterly, “There Are 35 Sellers & They Have No Other Assets?”, Spring 2008.
- The Fee Simple, “Landmark HHH v. Park – Rain, Rain Go Away or Else the Landlord Will Pay”, November 2009.
- The Fee Simple, “Two Years Later – The Limited Impact of United States v. Craft”, May 2004.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
Off the Clock
Off the clock, Rob enjoys fiction writing, running, attending University of Richmond men’s college basketball games, and watching baseball and football. Rob also enjoys giving back to the community. He is a former member of the Henrico County School Board and has served as a governing board member on several local charitable organizations.