- tel: (804) 697-2042
- fax: (804) 697-2142
- 411 E. Franklin Street, Suite 600
Richmond, VA 23219
- Download vCard
- Print Page
Chris Bascom is a commercial litigator with broad experience in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He represents business entities and individuals in commercial litigation, specializing in intellectual property litigation, contract and business disputes, and defense of consumer protection claims. Chris has experience handling complex litigation, including patent infringement cases, class actions, multidistrict litigation, and mass tort actions. He is also practiced in complex discovery, defending and attacking expert witnesses, settlement negotiation, and court-ordered mediation.
In addition to handling cases in dozens of courts throughout the country, Chris has served as local counsel for matters in Virginia state and federal courts, where he brings to bear his experience clerking in the Western District of Virginia and interning in the Eastern District of Virginia.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris represented banks and lenders in financial services litigation and automobile and sports equipment manufacturers in product liability litigation.
The University of Richmond School of Law (J.D., manga cum laude, 2014)
- Intellectual Property Concentration with Distinction
- University of Richmond Law Review, Executive Board - Annual Survey Editor, 2013–2014
Ursinus College (B.A., English, 2008)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
The Honorable Joel C. Hoppe, Western District of Virginia, 2014-2016.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Chair, Richmond Chapter
- Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP, 2020–2022
- Spencer LLP, 2018–2020
- Bowman and Brooke LLP, 2016–2018
Honors and Distinctions
- Award for Best Legal Argument, Bowman and Brooke 2017 Trial Skills College
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Property and Copyright Law
- Order of the Coif, University of Richmond School of Law Chapter
- Coauthor, Practical Law Q&A: Litigation Overview: Virginia (2018)
- Coauthor, Practical Law Q&A: Responding to Discovery Subpoenas: Virginia (2018)
Off the Clock
Chris grew up in New England. In his free time, he enjoys hiking, camping, and playing soccer. He also enjoys traveling and, when unable to do so during Covid, spent an excessive amount of time and flour learning how to bake bread.