Harry Ware serves on the Board of Directors of the Virginia Law Foundation and is Chair of the Foundation's CLE Committee. He also is a member of the prestigious Boyd Graves Conference. In addition, he is Past Chair of the Virginia Bar Association's Civil Litigation Section and Corporate Counsel Section. He is recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Products Liability Litigation-Defendants, and he is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell.
Harry is a trial attorney with over 35 years' experience in litigation and dispute resolution, practicing across the country in federal and state courts. His experience extends over products liability and toxic torts; asbestos litigation defense; and insurance coverage.
Harry defends products liability and toxic tort cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, and property damage in state and federal courts. He has developed comprehensive strategies for handling large numbers of complex cases such as mass multi-jurisdictional toxic tort litigation and has successfully implemented those strategies in the courtroom, serving as national coordinating, regional, and Virginia trial counsel for clients in mass tort litigation. He frequently serves as local counsel for out of state firms representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Virginia.
In his spare time, Harry enjoys hunting and spending time outdoors. He and his wife, Marilynn, live in Manakin Sabot, Virginia.
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law (J.D., 1983) International Academy of Trial Lawyers Trial Advocacy Award (1983); University of Richmond Law Review, Associate Editor, 1982-1983
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia (1977)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Anheuser-Busch Cos. v. Cantrell, 2015 Va. LEXIS 55 (Va. Apr. 16, 2015)
- Wilson v. AC&S, Inc., et al., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS ______, (E.D. Va. Mar. 17, 2015)
- In re Asbestos Products Liability Litigation (No. V): Estate of Raymond Stevens v. CBS Corporation, et al., 2014 WL 5012642, ---Fed. Appx.--- (3d Cir. 2014)
- Commercial One Elec. Contrs. v. Trane United States, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 32554 (E.D. Va. Mar. 8, 2013)
- Kiser v. A.W. Chesterton Co., 2013 Va. LEXIS 12 (Va. Jan. 10, 2013)
- Jacobs v. AC&S Inc., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 111811 (E.D. Pa. July 25, 2011)
- Holmes v. AC&S Inc., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 110390 (E.D. Pa. July 25, 2011)
- Commonwealth Club
- Deep Run Hunt Club
- Farmington Hunt Club
- Board of Directors, Essex County Conservation Alliance
Past Employment Positions
- Cook, Ware & Heyward, P.C., 1993 - 2001
- McGuireWoods, 1985 - 1993
- May & Miller, 1983 - 1985
- Southern Bank, Staff Auditor, 1978-1980
© 2019 by Spotts Fain PC. All rights reserved