Eddie Lumpkin works with a broad range of for-profit and non-profit organizations, from start-up ventures to public companies, on a wide variety of matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, franchising and licensing arrangements and general corporate, regulatory and securities matters. He has represented numerous clients in a variety of industries in connection with formation, capital-raising and operational matters and has considerable experience negotiating mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures involving both private and public companies. He also has significant experience in franchise law, representing both franchisors and franchisees in connection with Franchise Disclosure Documents, franchise agreements and the acquisition and sale of franchises.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- Lead Articles Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review
- Duke University (A.B., 1992)
- Represented sellers and purchasers of businesses, including the seller of a nationwide behavioral health program management business, the publicly traded buyer of a bulk liquid transportation, bulk storage and transloading facility, and the buyer of a workforce development and training program business.
- Represented companies in private equity transactions, including a $105 million sale of stock by a behavioral managed health care company and a $5 million sale of stock by the creator of patented small boat motion-control products.
- Advised a public authority and a public institution of higher education in the formation of non-profit supporting organization affiliates.
- Represented a national non-profit provider of debt management services in state and federal regulatory matters, a developer of desktop database publishing software in licensing matters, and a regional delicatessen franchisor in franchise matters.
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Business magazine's Legal Elite 2018 for Business Law
© 2019 by Spotts Fain PC. All rights reserved