Our energy and environmental practice tracks closely with our real estate law practice and involves all aspects of assessment, negotiation and remediation. We work regularly with the Department of Environmental Quality, environmental contractors and engineers in matters involving known or suspected contamination, voluntary remediation programs and solid waste permitting and management. We also represent energy industry clients' interests before the Virginia General Assembly, the Virginia State Corporation Commission, and other regulatory agencies and state and federal courts.
Energy and Environmental Experience
Contact us For More Information On This Practice Group
- Environmental review, including Phase One and Two liability assessment
- Consultation and negotiation with state and federal agencies, including VDEQ and Corps of Engineers, State Corporation Commission, etc.
- Preparation of Virginia Volunteer Remediation Program (VVRP) application as required by commercial lenders
- Consultation involving remediation costs and liabilities associated with the transfer or acquisition of contaminated or potentially contaminated sites
- Consultation and negotiation of remediation plans for the disposal and clean up of contaminated sites
- Initiate, monitor and defend actions by regulated community at the Virginia State Corporation Commission
- Litigation of energy and environmental matters before state and federal courts throughout Virginia
- Handling transactions and litigation relating to conservation easements, mitigation banking, and the legal protection and preservation of land