Pete Gambardella practices in the business section of the firm where his practice focuses on commercial, business, and real estate transactions. As outside general counsel, he regularly represents business owners in many matters, including entity formation, contract drafting and negotiation, stock and asset purchases and sales. In his commercial real estate practice he represents landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions, purchasers and sellers in the transfer of real estate, land owners in land use and zoning matters and lenders and borrowers in loan transactions. Pete is rated AV® Preeminent, the highest rating issued by Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2004) Trial Advocacy Board
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia (B.A., Psychology, 1996)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Represented sellers and purchasers of stock and business assets of closely held businesses, assisting in negotiation and consummation of acquisitions, mergers, and divestitures.
- Represented small and mid-sized corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other associations in formation, governance, and commercial transactions, including the drafting of operating agreements, by-laws, shareholder agreements and buy-sell agreements and commercial contracts.
- Represented for-profit and not-for-profit entities in connection with raising capital through private placement of securities.
- Represented business in the negotiation of web-based computing and information technology service contracts.
- Represented sellers and purchasers in the acquisition and disposition of a variety of real estate assets, including undeveloped land, commercial office buildings and condominiums, industrial facilities, and retail sites.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in all manner of commercial financing transactions, including acquisition and development loans, construction loans and syndicated credit line facilities.
- Represented precious metals refining company in the negotiating and drafting of a commercial refining agreement.
- Represented commercial landlords and tenants in connection with various lease transactions, work outs, and litigation.
- Represented equipment dealer in the negotiation of various dealer agreements and financing arrangements.
- Represented owners of closely held businesses in connection with “business divorces”.
- Represented developers in the creation of condominiums, including conversions and mixed-use projects.
- Represented owners, general contractors and subcontractors in the filing of mechanics’ liens and mechanics’ lien litigation.
- Represented real property owners in title and contract litigation.
- Represented closely held businesses in securing acquisition financing through the Small Business Administration (SBA loans).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Admitted in all Virginia courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia State Bar
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Chesterfield Bar Association
- Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce CHAMPS Committee
- Benedictine Alumni Association, President, 2012-present
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond
Member, Distinguished Leadership Awards Committee, 2006-2012
- Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association
Member, Executive Committee, Boys Soccer, 2000-Present
© 2017 by Spotts Fain PC. All rights reserved