Automotive Industry Practice
Virginia's Auto Industry Legal Professionals
The skill and experience of Spotts Fain attorneys extends into a broad range of specialized industries. For many years, we have represented Virginia automobile dealerships and their owners, as well as related automotive businesses.
We understand the regulatory, transactional and litigation issues that impact the successful operations of businesses and professionals in the auto industry. Our firm is an associate member of the Virginia Automobile Dealers Association.
Services to this key firm industry group include:
- Commercial real estate development
- Representation of buyers and sellers in the sale of automobile dealerships
- Employment counseling and litigation
- Tax planning and succession planning for family owned dealerships
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Representation of dealers in franchise disputes
- Litigation of contract disputes
Creditors' Rights for Auto Industry Businesses
Automotive dealerships that provide their own financing are often heavily leveraged with outstanding credit. Our creditors' rights group offers experienced representation that our clients rely on to help limit their financial exposure in bankruptcy courts.
Our attorneys are skilled in a broad array of litigation representing secured and unsecured creditors involved in the automobile and auto products industry.
We represent auto dealers and bank auto loan departments in addressing suits based on statutory, contract and tort recovery theories including:
- Lender liability
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act
- Fair Access to Funds Act
- Truth-in-Lending Act
Contact us to learn more about our automotive industry law group. We look forward to helping you resolve your complex legal matters.