Legislative and Governmental Relations Services
We represent clients in matters involving state and local government relations, including administrative hearings and legislative studies. Spotts Fain Consulting maintains a daily presence at the Capitol during the General Assembly session and works with the Assembly's members on a year-round basis.
The key to our success in the General Assembly is constant communication with our clients coupled with a straightforward presentation to the Delegates and Senators. With computer access to the Division of Legislative Services, we notify clients of priority matters long before their dissemination through printed services. The firm's lobbyists seek to provide timely responses to clients' legislative needs while minimizing the time and costs involved with extensive legislative activity. When necessary, however, we monitor and manage all levels of legislative activity in an aggressive and proactive manner.
The firm's practice in the General Assembly primarily includes the following areas:
- general legislative review coupled with session and yearly monitoring
- preparation and modification of amendments to specific legislation
- representation before General Assembly committees, subcommittees and members, both during and between sessions
- representation in Joint Annual Legislative Review Committee Studies
- coordination with local members of association clients for collective, state-wide actions and support
- representation before the Executive branch, including Cabinet officers and staff
We also represent clients before numerous state administrative agencies, including the Bureau of Financial Institutions, the Boards of Nursing and Medicine, the State Corporation Commission and its various committees. For additional information regarding related services, please visit Spotts Fain Consulting.