Timothy G. Moore
Timothy G. Moore focuses his practice on bank and lender representation, creditors' rights and workouts, detinue actions, repossessions, commercial litigation, and business litigation. Tim's representation involves aiding his clients in enforcing their legal rights on their loans, as well as defending them against lender liability and other actions. Additionally, he works with transactional commercial law issues, including secured transactions in workouts related to his practice. While Tim has significant experience with all lending institutions, he also has substantial experience with credit transactions involving farms, agricultural properties and agricultural related businesses.
Tim earned his A.B. in history from Duke University in 1994 and his J.D. from Washington & Lee University School of Law in 1997. He is licensed to practice in Virginia and the District of Columbia. Prior to joining Spotts Fain, he served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Herbert C. Gill, Jr. of the 12th Judicial Circuit of Virginia (Chesterfield County).
He is a member of the Richmond and Virginia bar associations, the Virginia Creditors Bar Association and the American Agricultural Law Association.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia (J.D., 1997)
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina (A.B. in History, 1994)
- Vitullo v. Mancini, 684 F. Supp. 2d 760; 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9076 (U.S. District Court E. D. Virginia 2010)
- Sports Supplement South v. Philips, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 51389 (U.S. District Court E. D. Virginia 2006)
- In re Rinehart, 352 B.R. 427; 2005 Bankr. LEXIS 3028 (U.S. Bankruptcy Court E.D. Virginia 2005)
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- American Agricultural Law Association
- Virginia Creditors Bar Association
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Virginia 2009, 2011, 2012
- Charging Orders, Presentation to the Virginia Creditors Bar Association CLE, October, 2011
- Guide to Revised Article 9 - Changes in the Law of Secured Transactions and Selected Bankruptcy Issues, Atlantic Agricultural Credit Conference
- Hon. Herbert C. Gill, Jr., 12th Judicial Circuit of Virginia, Law Clerk, 1997 - 1999
- 1972, Charlottesville, Virginia