Henry N. Ware, Jr.
Harry Ware is a trial attorney with over 25 years' experience in litigation and dispute resolution, practicing across the country in federal and state courts. His experience extends over Products Liability and Toxic Torts; Asbestos Litigation Defense; Insurance Coverage; Fire Loss; Business and Contracts; Partnership and Shareholder Disputes; Maritime; Commercial, Financial and Banking; Corporate; Intellectual Property; Probate, Estates and Trusts; and Real Estate and Construction litigation. He has successfully represented clients ranging from individuals and small companies to large, multinational corporations.
Harry defends products liability and toxic tort cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability and property damage in state and federal courts throughout the nation. He has developed comprehensive strategies for handling large numbers of complex cases such as mass multi-jurisdictional toxic tort litigation and has successfully implemented those strategies in the courtroom, serving as national coordinating, regional and Virginia trial counsel for clients in mass tort litigation. He frequently serves as local counsel for out of state firms representing clients in state and federal courts throughout Virginia.
Harry also has defended individual cases for manufacturers and sellers of an array of products including pharmaceuticals, water heaters, cranes, marine and land based turbines, turbine generators and associated equipment such as pumps; motors, industrial laminates, wallboard, switchgear, brakes and gaskets. In addition, he has handled cases involving allegedly toxic substances such as asbestos, PCBs and toxic fumes, as well as automobile, general negligence, premises liability, defamation and intellectual property cases.
Harry is a member of the Boyd-Graves Conference and the Virginia Law Foundation's Continuing Legal Education Committee. He is a Past Chair of the Civil Litigation Section of the VBA (2008-2010) and of the VBA's Corporate Counsel Section. In addition to the VBA, Harry is a member of the Richmond Bar Association, the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys and the Defense Research Institute. He rated AV ® Preeminent™ the highest rating issued by Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduation from the University of Virginia, Harry worked as a bank auditor in Richmond before attending Law School at the University of Richmond. Harry is a member of the Commonwealth Club, the Deep Run Hunt Club and the Keswick Hunt Club. He and his wife live in Manakin Sabot, Virginia with their three sons.
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law (J.D.) International Academy of Trial Lawyers Trial Advocacy Award (1983); Law Review: Editorial Board, 1982-83
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia (B.A., 1977)
- Contreras v. Thor Norfolk Hotel, L.L.C., 292 F.Supp.2d 798 (E.D.Va. 2003)
- General Nutrition Corp. v. U.S. Fire Ins. Co., 173 F.3d 850; 1998 WL 998361 (4th Cir.(Va.) 1998)
- Circuit City Stores, Inc. v. OfficeMax, Inc., 949 F.Supp. 409, 65 USLW 2504, 42 U.S.P.Q.2d 1194 (E.D.Va. 1996)
- Circle Lanes, Inc. v. Time Inc., 91 F.3d 129, 1996 WL 426866 (4th Cir. (Va.) 1996)
- Miller v. American President Lines, Ltd., 989 F.2d 1450, 61 USLW 2590 (6th Cir.(Ohio) 1993)
- Boyd-Graves Conference
- Virginia Law Foundation, Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Virginia Bar Association
Past Chair, Civil Litigation Section Council
- Virginia Bar Association, 2000 - 2002
Chair, Corporate Counsel Section
- Virginia State Bar
- Bar Association of the City of Richmond
- Defense Research Institute
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Cook, Ware, Lonnes & Heyward, P.C., 1993 - 2001
- McGuireWoods, 1985 - 1993
- May & Miller, 1983 - 1985
- November, 1954, Richmond, Virginia